Friday 26 June 2020

Andrea Ross Inspirations

To expand upon our Artist Studio Project, back in March Canvas Gallery asked Muskoka artist  Andrea Ross a few questions to find out what's been keeping her creativity flowing over her time in self-isolation, including what she's been making, cooking, drinking, reading, listening to and her view of the world. She shared her story along with some beautiful photos of her studio & life.
I’m Andrea to my husband of 42 years, mom to two grown kids and granny to two granddaughters.
I live year round in the woods on the shore of a lake in Muskoka. The ever changing mood of the water near the shoreline is my passion and painting inspiration and right now the ice is breaking up. The view out my north studio window is of the rock shoreline through trees and bush.
 
 Birds are migrating past the point in higher numbers and I was surprised to see a pair of swans in flight the other day. No sign of loons yet.


The wood stove is going downstairs and I am listening to “Julie” as I paint. My drink of choice is tea.
Being an old “folkie”, I enjoy singing with my guitar playing sweetie as well as paddling and exploring the back country. Our constant bush walking companion is a “golden” and this is why all my paintings have dog hair attached to their bottoms.
At the moment storage space is limited so I have been completing small 6”x6” oils of birds etc. and fewer large canvas paintings.
We are safe and keeping an eye on our back road community and making use of the early seniors shopping in a town a half hour drive away.
My 43 year painting career has been wonderful and I hope to keep it going forever.
Thanks Canvas Gallery!!
Thanks Andrea for the lovely photos, update & beautiful imagery of your artwork.

To view available works by Andrea Ross as well as our other artists, please visit www.canvasgallery.ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Work by Antony Ellis

  With his explosive and thought provoking photographs, we are excited to welcome 5 new  Antony Ellis  pieces to the gallery!   537-081 Anto...