Saturday 27 June 2020

Margaret Glew Inspirations

As a continuation of our Studio Project, we checked in on Toronto artist Margaret Glew to see what's been keeping her busy & inspired during her time in self isolation, including what she's been creating, cooking, and her view of the world. She replied with a great story and some images of her art & life.
I am very fortunate to have my studio where I live so I am able to keep working. My studio has always been my refuge, my retreat, my place to hang out and be solitary and think. So that has not changed - except in some ways it has. At times now it feels, not like a prison, that is too strong, but as a place I wish I could sometimes get away from!! Funny that, I love to be alone but tell me I have to - and all of a sudden I rebel! Most of all though, I am grateful to be able to continue to make art.
 
My world may be smaller, but it still has its joys. I have my garden where I can enjoy the sunlight and fresh air and have the pleasure of watching new life emerge after the long winter.
Still drinking my latte every morning and craving chips like never before! (Fortunately I don't have any!)

I am painting still, but also exploring three dimensions. Making small cardboard sculptures, which are challenging me to think about space in new ways.
 
 
 
What do I miss most during this time of isolation? Long walks by the lake or in the ravines, and especially, being able to hug my family.
 

Thanks Margaret for the beautiful images of your artwork as well as your story.

To view available works by Margaret Glew, please visit www.canvasgallery.ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Work by Antony Ellis

  With his explosive and thought provoking photographs, we are excited to welcome 5 new  Antony Ellis  pieces to the gallery!   537-081 Anto...