Sunday 5 July 2020

Frances Hahn Inspirations

To expand upon our Artist Studio Project, we asked Guelph artist Frances Hahn a few questions to find out what's been keeping her creativity flowing over her time in self-isolation, including what she's been making, cooking, drinking, reading, listening to and her view of the world. She replied with a story and some lovely shots of her art & studio.
What is your window on the world these days …are you in your studio, or social distancing at home?

I’m home for the longest stretch I’ve been home in about four years. Luckily last year I moved my studio home too, so I’ve had everything I need on hand. and the lovely local art supply store is making deliveries as needed. I have found being at home throughout the day though that I have enjoyed moving my easel around to various rooms chasing the good light. So much choice!
What is your favourite view out of your window …. morning or night?

My favourite view is the the Guelph water tower from my bedroom window in the morning (photo attached). It’s nice to have a few extra minutes in the morning to enjoy the glow.
What are you cooking/eating/baking …. loaded nachos? Chips? Cookies? …. or sourdough bread!

With my kids home we have been baking lots: cakes, muffins, 36-hour cookies, pavlova, cookie dough, crepes, ultimate omelettes.

What are you drinking ….. lattes, tea….. a martini? 

Chianti a day….. cin cin!
What are you creating ….. coffee drawings, sketch books, poems, sewing?I’ve been painting a little - continuing my pieces showing women lounging at home - seems perfect a the moment. I’ve been collaging too, as it's much easier to pick up and put down with interruptions. I sewed my first cloth was today...

What are you listening to ….. news? ugh….or jazz/pop?…. What's your go-to creative music?

Listening to music that is markedly more mellow than my usual, plus the sound of my kids playing Just Dance in the other room.
511-061 | Frances Hahn, I See You, oil on canvas,
30"x60". $1800

Thank you Frances for the update and lovely tour of your studio.

To view available works by all of our Canvas Gallery artists, please visit www.canvasgallery.ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Work by Antony Ellis

  With his explosive and thought provoking photographs, we are excited to welcome 5 new  Antony Ellis  pieces to the gallery!   537-081 Anto...