Saturday 4 July 2020

Rachel Albano Inspirations

As a continuation of our Artist Studio Project, we checked in on Rachel Albano to see what's been keeping her busy & inspired during her time in self isolation, including what she's been creating and her view of the world. She replied with an update and some lovely photos of her work & life.
I am currently social distancing with my family, my husband and 4 children.  Three of them are school aged so it has been a challenge to create a routine and keep up with the school work that has been assigned online from their teachers, while simultaneously entertaining a busy toddler! I try to get out for a run or bike ride every day (often accompanied) to keep my head clear! We try to have conversations with the kids about what they are thankful for, and keep them active as it is easy for them to be disheartened by the changes in society.
I've decided to keep creating in the studio as much as possible, it helps me to have a hopeful outlook on life when so often inundated with discouraging news stories! I've been burrowing away in my studio during my kids' quiet time and last week released a new body of work entitled "Together" which speaks of the power of peace that comes when we realize that we are not alone. The pieces have a neutral colour palette, and are beautifully flowy and calming, a perfect antidote to the anxiety we all face currently.
My favourite view: sitting on the porch watching my kids play together on the driveway.

Drinking: chai tea or sparkling water

Creating: my new body of work. I function so much better with a goal to work towards so I made my own "online art release".

Cooking: I took an online sourdough course that my brother hosted and my son and I learned how to make delicious bread! 

Listening to: I often paint in the quiet as my son is napping!
In an attempt to put something on my calendar I've decided to start training for a half marathon, it gives me something to look forward to and one of my kids ride their bike beside me on the long runs, giving us great quality time. 
560-010 | Rachel AlbanoSong in My Heart, acrylic on canvas, 30"x60". $2000
Thank you Rachel for the update as well as the beautiful photos of your work & family, and best of luck with your half marathon.

To view available works by Rachel Albano, please visit www.canvasgallery.ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Work by Antony Ellis

  With his explosive and thought provoking photographs, we are excited to welcome 5 new  Antony Ellis  pieces to the gallery!   537-081 Anto...