Saturday 4 July 2020

Stephanie Fehrenbach Inspirations

To expand upon our Artist Studio Project, we asked Stephanie Fehrenbach a few questions to find out what's been keeping her creativity flowing over her time in self-isolation, including what she's been making, cooking, drinking, reading, listening to and her view of the world. She shared her story along with some gorgeous imagery.
Photos copyright Erin Jean Photography
Hi Canvas!

So glad that you're doing well and it was so nice to hear how you're all holding up. Thank you for all you're doing to keep supporting us right now. 
We're safe and well here at home. Mike has taken over part of my studio space for his office and we try to trade out time through the day so I can work here and there. It's nice to escape into the studio and fiddle around. I've made a couple watercolour classes and finished up some oils I had on the go for clients before the shut down. Luckily they were local so pretty easy to arrange a socially distant pick-up. But, most of my days have been focussed on Ben. Lots of Lego, trains, trucks, Play Doh, pillow forts, running around and probably more Disney+ than I'd care to admit. 
Some days I definitely need that 3rd cup of coffee to keep me going. Lately I've just been going through Spotify mood playlists depending on how I'm feeling...or how I want to feel. Yesterday was Mike's birthday and we ate cake, opened presents and spent the day in the sunshine, which called for "Totally Stress Free". It was a good one. We've been baking every day. It's comforting to have that kind of start-to-finish activity where you feel you've achieved something tangible, even if it was only banana muffins. 
 
I've been obsessive about gardening -- digging out new beds and building a "cottage" for Benny under the apple tree. It's a work in progress but I like envisioning it, gathering seeds and new plants, and really just being outside as much as possible. Benny loves it. His new favourite activity is digging for worms. The view from my kitchen window is my favourite. I wake up, make my coffee and look out to the garden where we've been spending our days in the dirt. It makes me feel hopeful for something beautiful to come.
 
Thinking of you all & sending safe wishes.

Thank you Stephanie for the update and stunning photos of your beautiful paintings & garden from Erin Jean Photography.

To view available works from Stephanie Fehrenbach, please visit www.canvasgallery.ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Work by Antony Ellis

  With his explosive and thought provoking photographs, we are excited to welcome 5 new  Antony Ellis  pieces to the gallery!   537-081 Anto...