Friday 3 July 2020

Maca Suazo Inspirations

As a continuation of our Studio Project, we checked in on Maca Suazo to see what's been keeping her busy & inspired during her time in self isolation, including what she's been creating and her view of the world. She replied with a great story and some images of her art & life.
During this uncertain times, i am still able to keep my studio space at globe studios in Kitchener. However, in order to support my art practice and my spirit, I work in an organic farm from March 1st to November 1st every year, and paint intensely in the winter months. 
I am a seasonal painter. During my farm days, i paint on saturdays and sundays, usually in large works that are extremely hard to sell but give me so much joy. I can move around a large painting, getting lost into the world of colour and fields of alternative combinations, that is my passion. 
During my farm days I find inspiration in nature and the everyday simple chores of a farm. For example, I found a toad among the pepper plants and it will probably make it into a painting.
Hope you are all keeping your creativity alive, 
Maca
448-072 | Maca Suazo, Camping, oil on canvas, 20"x30". $700
Thank you Maca for the update & beautiful photos. Your joy & optimism always shines through in your lovely artwork.

To view available works by Maca Suazo, please visit www.canvasgallery.ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Work by Antony Ellis

  With his explosive and thought provoking photographs, we are excited to welcome 5 new  Antony Ellis  pieces to the gallery!   537-081 Anto...