Friday 29 May 2020

Jacques Pilon Inspirations

As a continuation of our Studio Project, we checked in on Jacques Pilon to see what's been keeping him busy & inspired during his time in self-isolation, including what he's been creating, cooking, drinking, listening to and his window view. He replied along with some great photos of his life and a video update.
Most of my time these days is spent at our dining room table sketching and doing colour swatches of  art materials  like coloured pencils or watercolour pencils. Testing out new brands ordered online etc. 

 My studio has no real view because it’s in the basement but I do enjoy looking out our back door into our back yard which is always inspiring. Especially in the spring when things are just starting to pop.
 
My husband is always up to something in the kitchen so if we can find it in the supermarket, he’ll be making it. I enjoy baking bread. I use Jim Lahey’s recipe for no-knead bread which always turns out a loaf that makes me feel proud and is as good as anything you’d find in an artisanal bakery. I also have thing for peanut butter cookies. So I made some and started a headache-inducing 1000-piece  puzzle of pencils. Gack. It’s done now. I guess it was fun.
 
I’ve been doing a lot of sketchbook work and work on paper. It’s a nice change and that’s always a good thing. Always look forward to Friday night because that’s martini night!!! We love a good martini and we only allow ourselves one a week. Damned moderation.
My favourite creative music is none. Music distracts me and eventually makes me uptight and upset, no matter what kind. I feel annoyed until I figure out that it’s the music that’s grating on my nerves. Almost like chewing a piece of gum long past when you should have tossed it out. I love quiet. Quiet allows me to relax and think.
 
Thanks to the people at Canvas Gallery for asking and keep staying safe. It does make a difference.

A video & some words from the artist himself, including a beautiful sketch book he's been keeping

Thanks Jacques for sharing your story! We wish you good health & continued creativity during these times.

536-026 | Jacques Pilon, Everything is Enough, mixed media on panel, 40"x40". $2800

To view a full catalogue of available works by Jacques Pilon, please visit www.canvasgallery.ca.



No comments:

Post a Comment

New Work by Antony Ellis

  With his explosive and thought provoking photographs, we are excited to welcome 5 new  Antony Ellis  pieces to the gallery!   537-081 Anto...