Thursday 14 May 2020

Sarah Hillock Inspirations

To expand upon our Artist Studio ProjectCanvas Gallery asked Toronto artist Sarah Hillock a few questions to find out what's been keeping her creativity flowing over the past months of self-isolation, including what she's been making, cooking, drinking, watching, listening to and her view of the world. She shared her story along with some fantastic photos of her life & inspirations.



What is your window on the world these days …are you in your studio, or social distancing at home? And what is your actual window view?

My view out the window is through my little tomato plants I started 4 weeks ago when I thought the apocalypse was going to rob us all of tomatoes. 




What are you cooking/eating/baking …. loaded nachos? Chips? Cookies? …. or sourdough bread! 

I did make a sourdough starter! But I haven't used it because baking sourdough is hard. So I'm just eating chocolate chips out of the bag..


What are you drinking ….. lattes, tea….. a martini?

Mostly drinking beer these days. Sours are the house favorite! I'll drink a Side Launch Sour but my favourite is Jam Up the Mash by collective arts. 


What are you creating ….. coffee drawings, sketch books, poems, sewing?

I'm sketching my friends! I'm loving doing people again for a while. Drawing anything is very calming for me.

 

What are you listening to ….. news? ugh….or jazz/pop?…. What's your go-to creative music?

My go to creative music is movies! I've been watching disaster movies from the 90's while I work. I live in an attic so I can project on the slanty ceiling. The Day After Tomorrow, Independence Day, Anaconda, Deep Impact, Twister, oh and Speed, not a disaster film but still great. 


Thank you Sarah for letting us peek into your fun & creative world!

To view available works by Sarah Hillock, please visit www.canvasgallery.ca.


No comments:

Post a Comment

New Work by Antony Ellis

  With his explosive and thought provoking photographs, we are excited to welcome 5 new  Antony Ellis  pieces to the gallery!   537-081 Anto...