Saturday 6 June 2020

Valerie Ryan Inspirations

To expand upon our Artist Studio ProjectCanvas Gallery asked Ottawa artist Valerie Ryan a few questions to find out what's been keeping her creativity flowing over her time in self-isolation, including what she's been making, drinking, creating and her view of the world. She shared her story along with some beautiful photos of her new work.
  Unbelievable that this is happening. 

I am lucky to have a backyard to paint in. Wishing it will green up soon.
I have been putting finishing touches on larger pieces: my studio is in my house. But alas, in the last weeks of the quarantine have been taking longer walks and a gin and tonic at 4pm. Quinine in the tonic may help fight off Covid 19. 😊 
I feel I am a cottage in the off season. My husband is also home all day...working at home.
 Here are two backyard photos and some recent acrylic on canvas.
 
Good luck with project and stay healthy & sane. We will get through this. 

Thanks for sharing Valerie, we wish you good health & creativity.

To view available works by Valerie Ryan, please visit www.canvasgallery.ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Work by Antony Ellis

  With his explosive and thought provoking photographs, we are excited to welcome 5 new  Antony Ellis  pieces to the gallery!   537-081 Anto...